10 KEYS TO GENERATE ENDLESS REFERRALS
1. Create and maintain your database (contact details, special interests, major achievements)
2. Make contact with current clients and prospects every 60-90 days
3. Attend 1 or 2 Networking functions regularly and become known as the key person in your industry
4. When you receive a referral, acknowledge the referral in writing - card, email, at the time of receipt. Then get back to the person and let them know how it went
5. Give away a referral a day to someone in your network with the law of reciprocity, what you give out is what you get back
6. Send a thank you card every day
7. Build a positive profile in your community - call people by name, wear a name badge, sponsor on a local basis as Anita Roddick says: THINK GLOBALLY, ACT LOCALLY
8. Work your internal network more effectively
9. Avoid keeping tabs on what you do for others: "Give Without Expectations"
10. Be open to opportunities - "The window of opportunity is so clear, sometimes we miss it".